Join Unified Theater Inc to celebrate the amazing student leaders and advisors who make Unified Theater possible in 50 schools across Connecticut!
UT Rockstar Awards Banquet
Friday May 12, 2017
St. Thomas Seminary Conference Center
467 Bloomfield Ave, Bloomfield CT 06002
Tickets- $15 per person
UT Student Leaders and School Advisors attend FREE but MUST register at the link below.
And Don't Forget to Nominate Your Student Leaders and Advisor for a Rockstar Award!
UT Inc. wants to recognize the amazing student leaders, advisors, participants and supports that make UT possible at your school. But we need your help!
Is there someone in your UT group that goes above and beyond to make sure your production is a success? Does your advisor always know exactly the right way to help you keep rehearsals on track? Do you have a leader who excels in their role or someone who pulls the whole show together with creative music or choreography? We want to know!
- Rockstar Director: A creative and kind leader who puts the Spotlight on Ability in UT and beyond. What are the best qualities of this leader? | How do they work creatively to solve problems? | How do they apply the UT values outside of rehearsals?
- Rockstar Producer: A leader who excells at keeping things organized and on track for your production. What are the best qualities of this leader? | How do they keep the program organized and productive? | How do they apply the UT values outside of rehearsals?
- Rockstar Stage Manager: A leader who is a backstage guru who keeps inclusion in mind. What are the best qualities of this leader? | How does this leader work creatively to solve problems? | How do they apply the UT values outside of rehearsals?
- Rockstar Inclusion Specialist: A welcoming leader who always finds ways to creatively include others. What are the best qualities of this leader? | How does this leader welcome and include others? | How do they apply the UT values outside of rehearsals?
- Rockstar Advisor or Advisor Team: An advisor (or advisors) who foster leadership in students and go above and beyond to support the UT production. How does the advisor(s) support and mentor student leaders? | How does the advisor(s) support and advocate for UT? | How does the advisor(s) go above and beyond?
- Song In Your Heart Award: Given for excellence in music. This may include but is not limited to choreography, teaching somngs in ASL, writing or performing music, or singing a solo. What musical aspects of the show do they contribute to? | How do they put the Spotlight on Ability through music? | How do they use music to creatively enhance the production?
- Let Creativity Rule Award: Given for excellence in artistry. This may include but is not limited to leaders serving as artistic directors, leaders who design sets, costumes, or props, or creative script writing. How does this person contribute to the production? | How does this person work creatively to find solutions? | How does this person include others?
- Spotlight on Ability Award: Given to a UT participant (not a current leader) who embodies the UT values of empowering youth to lead, letting cretivity rule, and putting the Spotlight on Ability. What makes this cast or crew member stand out? | How does this person go above and beyond to contribut to the program? | How does this person embody the values of UT outside of rehearsal?
- Rockstar Team Leadership Award: Given to a team of leaders who work well together and support one another as they effectively lead the UT process. Describe a time when the team worked together to solve a problem. | How do the leaders support one another? | How does the team interact with the cast and crew?
- The Micaela Connery Award for 1st Year Schools: Given to a leader (or team of leaders) from a first year school that have worked hard to put the Spotlight on Ability at their school. How did the leader(s) help introduce UT at the school? | How did the leader(s) assist in making the first year successful? | How does the leader(s) exemplify the values of UT outside of rehearsal?
All student leaders, advisors, participants and school leaders can submit nominations. You can submit as many nominations as you want, but all entries must be received by May 1st at 5pm.